What We Accept for Recycling
Below is the list of items that we accept in our Technotrash Can or Pack-IT Service:
- Disk Media: CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, DVD-Rs, Blu-ray, LaserDisc, 3.5” and 5.25” floppy disks, zip and jaz disks, and cases.
- Tapes: VHS-all types, audio cassette tapes, 8mm, Hi8, mini DV, DAT, DLT, LTO, Beta, BetaCam, BetaMax U-matic/ ¾” tape, DVCam, Digibeta, 8-Track, reel-to-reel audio, and cases.
- Cases: All types of plastic CD and DVD cases, All types of plastic video and audio tape cases.
- Computer drives: Hard drives, zip, jaz, floppy, CD-ROM, DVD drives, flash, thumb and jump drives, SD and flash memory cards.
- Communication devices: Cell phones, pagers, PDAs and their chargers, cradles, and headset accessories.
- Batteries: Rechargeable batteries and chargers.
only - no alkaline batteries. Power banks. See
instructions on packing batteries for shipment.
- Small electronics: Laptop computers, Blu-ray players, DVD players, MP3 players, iPods, iPads, Amazon Fire tablets, e-readers, Kindles, VCRs, DVRs,
TIVO units, Roku units, Apple TV units, DirectTV units, Amazon Fire TV devices, GPS units, computer speakers, video game consoles and cartridges,
gaming controllers, hand-held CD and cassette players, portable DVD players, and digital cameras.
- Ink: Inkjet and toner cartridges (All cartridges must be in a sealed bag to prevent spilling).
- Film: Black and White film-related items only. Please do not include color film or any type of photograph.
- Black and white only: Photographic film negatives, instant film and sheets, sheet film, Advanced Photo System, slides, Disc film, 110, 126, 127, 120/220
- Black and white or undeveloped only: Motion picture film, film reels, Super 8, 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, 35mm, 70mm.
- Black and white only: microfilm, microfiche, lithographic film.
- o Medical x-ray, industrial x-ray.
- Miscellaneous items: UPS units, AC chargers, keyboards, mice, modems, routers, headphones, earbuds, AirPods, cables, cords, adaptors, surge protectors, boards, and chips.
We are unable to accept the following items for recycling
- NO desktop computers, monitors, printers, fax machines, scanners.
- NO desktop phones, answering machines, photocopiers, shredders, clocks, alarm clocks, and calculators.
- NO small miscellaneous electronics (i.e. razors, hair dryers, flat irons, toothbrushes, etc.).
- NO kitchen appliances (i.e. toasters, microwaves, blenders, etc.).
- NO single use batteries, light bulbs, Christmas light strings, lamps, vacuums, carbon monoxide detectors.
- NO stereo systems, radios, CB radios, stereo speakers, satellite dishes, TVs, remote controls.
- NO vinyl records, photographs, overhead transparencies.
- NO mercury containing devices such as thermometers, thermostats, smoke detectors, etc.
- NO medical devices such as blood pressure monitors, glucose meters, electrode pads, vapes.
- NO color film related items: film, slides, negatives, transparencies, microfilm, microfiche.
[TTC Quick Summary]
[Pack-IT Quick Summary]
Set up your Full-Service Box
[Initial Set-up of TTC]
Return your Full-Service Box
[Prepare TTC for Return]
[What happens to my Technotrash?]
Full-Service Box Data Sheets
[TTC DS - Corporate]
[TTC DS - Individual]